Tuesday 18 November 2014

Eighteenth of November

Tomorrow I'm going to be sitting my first ever College exam. The average person might be a bit stressed, but I can't bring myself to care any more than I do now. Which is pretty minimal. I've written a few notes, read over everything I need to do, committed a few dates to memory just in case, and I feel done.18 and a half hours to go and I've stopped studying. And I know why.

One of my college friends is moving overseas for good tomorrow morning, and i'm trying to fit in as much time with her as possible. Another of my friends is returning home until next year, and the others are stressed beyond belief, so i'm trying to be available to help them if they need me.

I've come to the solid conclusion that choosing to value the relationships in my life above anything else is the ultimate form of happiness and fulfillment. I desire nothing more. It's society that tells me to want more, but I've stopped listening. I'm studying because I need a job, not because I need to be a teacher. And i'm studying teaching because it gives me the opportunity to foster supportive relationships with children, and encourage them on their journeys.

It's not about being the best of the best, it's about providing your best to your priorities, no matter what they may be,


No comments:

Post a Comment