Thursday 6 November 2014

10 things you need to know about tall people

I am, and always have been, above average height for my age. As a result certain questions or phrases have been sent my way a number of times, today I'm clearing this up once and for all.

1. Not all tall people play basketball/are good at high jump or long jump etc. You might be surprised to find out that a lot of tall people are incredibly uncoordinated, I can only assume because their limbs are significantly longer than the average persons'.

2. The weather "up here" is exactly the same as what you're experiencing. The weather man lied when he told you that tall people are experiencing a sunny day whilst you're stuck in the rain.

3. Contrary to what they might say, my parents never even contemplated putting bricks on my head to slow my growth. Where did this even come from?!

4. Whilst I might be happy to grab that item off the top shelf for you the first few times, it does in fact get a bit annoying when you start assuming i'll do it all the time. I have stuff to do too you know!

5. In addition to not being particularly good at sports, I am also not going to become a model when I grow up.

6. The need for extra legroom is legit! How would you like the back of an aircraft seat jammed into your knees for several hours?

7. I am not tall because of "all that pasta I ate as a child". It's called genes! I have tall parents. Tall parents usually = tall children.

8. Finding a nice dress to wear to your brothers wedding in the middle of summer is ridiculously difficult unless you want to show off most of your butt. Similarly, If you enjoy wearing one-piece swimmers in summer, good luck finding one that doesn't give you significant camel-toe or show off way too much boob.

9. If you leave the shower head in the lowest possible position after you shower, I will likely greet it with my face if i'm the next to use it.

10. No, I am not going to take off my high heels. Just because you're insecure about your height does not mean that I have to frolic about in flat shoes to make you feel better.

I leave you with one final comment: I know it's new information to you, but I am in fact aware that I'm tall. No need to tell me again.


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment