Thursday 9 October 2014

October Ninth

Dear future Jamie,

Have you ever wondered just how many things it takes to make up a single person.? Just one? When you look at someone on the outside you can only know so much about them, and even then most of that is based on assumption that is inevitably incorrect a lot of the time.

Today I found out that one of my beautiful friends is expecting her first child. A tiny new life just beginning, with so much hope, so much to look forward to and become. Very soon people are going to look at her and see the word "Mother", and I find that pretty incredible. Was that always a part of her? Or does she just become that when she has a child in her arms? And it's really interesting how that word is going to define her for a long time.

Well, that got me wondering how I would define myself, and truthfully I don't know how. So instead I came up with 50 random facts that make up who I am to this point. It will be interesting to see if any of them change in the future.

 1    I am currently 21 years old
2   I have a half-sister, step-sister, and two step-brothers, but no full blood siblings
3    I have two cats, both ragdolls and I am officially sold for life on this breed of cat
4    I have lived in two states of Australia
5    I played the piano for approximately 11 years, but I’ve hardly touched one since I was 14
6    I am a Christian
7    I grew up on the coast and love the beach, despite never actually having the desire to swim in the ocean
8    I’m one of those pasty people whose skin doesn’t know the meaning of the word “tan”, but it sure knows what “burnt” means
9    I had regular nose-bleeds from the age of about 2 until my mid-late teens. I still get them occasionally when the seasons change
10   My best friend is also my cousin, she lives about 10 hours away
11  I’ve been involved in two wedding parties
12  My favourite movie, Back to the Beach, isn’t very well known, to the point that I actually started to cry when I met another person who had seen it
13  If you have at any point written me a note, given me a card, or drawn me a picture, chances are I still have it, and it’s probably on my wall at college or on my wall at mums
14  I made my year 10 and year 12 formal dresses
15   I love to read, and have come to the conclusion that money spent on a book is never wasted. Subsequently, I have a lot of books
16   If I absolutely had to give up a sense, I would (reluctantly) give up hearing, because it’s the only sense that doesn’t contribute to my enjoyment of food
17   If you make me choose between salted caramel or peanut butter and chocolate, you will either be waiting a very long time for my response, or I will cry
18   I have had two surgeries, fractured my wrist, been admitted to emergency for suspected meningococcal, and had a nose-bleed so bad my mother called an ambulance
19   Once I had a nose-bleed that came out my tear-ducts as well as out my nose
20   I really can’t wait to be a mum
21   I’m good at, and love to cook
22   I am unnaturally obsessed with Doctor Who and Harry Potter. I own merchandise associated with both
23   I was a Disney deprived child, it took me years to catch up to everyone else, now I am a massive fan
24   If I could only be subscribed to one YouTube channel it would be the Shaytards
25   Baked beans make me gag
26   There are only 6 people/bands I would pay to see live: Jamie Cullum, The Civil Wars, James Taylor, My Fair Fiend, Max Milner, The 1975
27   I’ve had a short story published in an online magazine
28   I love to sing
29   I find nursing and medicine really interesting, but as soon as there’s a needle, I’m out
30   Rogue is my favourite of the X-Men
31   I have an incredible amount of respect for David Tennant as an actor, but I don’t think I could meet him without causing myself a significant amount of embarrassment
32   I like to take photos
33   Someday I’d like to get a dog. Preferably something big, like a German Shepherd
34   I’d really like to learn Swedish
35   I’ve only left Australia once, to go to New Zealand at the age of 2
36   I am the second youngest cousin on both sides of the family
37   If it was appropriate to wear gym clothes all the time, I totally would
38   I have worked at three different universities
39   My dream career would be to be a writer
40   Poppies are my favourite flower
41   My favourite time of year is Christmas, I go all out in every possible way
42   I have a journal that I’ve been writing in sporadically since I was 13
43   I am an android and PC user
44   I’m weirdly attracted to sounds that are so loud you can feel them eg. Fireworks, Aeroplane engines
45   I have an unnaturally large collection of tea and nail polish, though I hardly use either
46   My favourite scent is either Lemon or Lemongrass
47   Autumn is my favourite season
48   I really like exploring new places
49   Nothing will ever plague me like how terribly wrong I got all of Sting’s lyrics until my mid-teens
50   My favourite fruit is probably Banana







No comments:

Post a Comment